Cream honey is a new generation product that preserves all the beneficial properties of honey, better retains flavor, does not run, spreads well on other products and, thanks to its improved consistency, is the preferred product for children who may be reluctant to eat ordinary honey. Cream honey can be easily spread on bread and serves as a healthy alternative to chocolate paste.
The size of the crystals in cream honey does not exceed 0.04 mm, so they are not felt on the tongue. Properly manufactured cream honey retains its structure over a long period of time, rather than separating out into fractions, and therefore, does not ferment.
One of the most important benefits to the manufacturer of this form of honey is the fact that even unpopular, cheap varieties of honey sell well as cream honey.
Cream honey production technology does not alter the beneficial and other properties of honey; the only physical change is modification of the sugar crystals.
Cream honey can be obtained by various methods, the choice of which is determined primarily by performance and experience of the manufacturer in this field.
The traditional production method for cream honey is controlled crystallization under cooling and constant stirring, with the adding of a certain quantity of cream honey of the desired consistency as a seeding, as well as, if necessary, aeration.
One of the most effective ways of making cream honey is with the technology of controlled crystallization, using the continuous cream-honey production plant HONEMA ContiCool.
Honey crystallization depends on many factors, including the following:
- Mass fraction of water content in honey
- Glucose content
- Composition of honey
- The presence of crystallization centers
- Storage temperature of honey
- Bee plants
- Whether the honey was at rest or mixed before the controlled crystallization process
Using the cream-honey production plant HONEMA ContiCool helps ensure excellent results for any kind of honey, because you can easily change the parameters of the most important factors in the process of crystallization, such as pressure and temperature. Due to the fact that the product is continuously processed in a thin layer, crystallization occurs uniformly and ensures stable results for the entire volume of the processed product.
Crystallization of honey in the cream-honey production plant HONEMA ContiCool occurs without the ingress of air, thus preventing the undesirable oxidation of honey.
Design of cream-honey production plant HONEMA ContiCool
The HONEMA ContiCool plant is a complex thermo-mechanical system consisting of a stationary heat exchanger with a cylindrical shape, a movable shaft with a central location relative to the cylinder coil, scrapers mounted on the shaft, a heat transfer jacket, a thermal insulation layer and an outer insulating layer.
Honey which has previously been melted to a readily flowable state, and filtered, is pumped tangentially into the cylindrical body of the processing plant, and moves in a counter-current direction to the supply of coolant into the jacket. The product is continuously removed from the walls of the cylinder by rotary scrapers, providing a uniform thermal load on the system. To achieve the desired product quality and performance, the speed of the rotor may be varied.
Control of the process of crystallization is ensured by the control system, which is based on an industrial controller, and which allows you to adjust parameters such as the temperature of the coolant, the pressure in the system, and the rotation speed of the shaft.
- Fast and efficient processing of product
- Effective cold transfer from the continuous scraping of the surface as a thin layer. Continuity of the process eliminates the potential for uneven crystallization
- Controlled crystallization process due to the easy regulation of various parameters
- No contact with air during the process of crystallization
- Large cold exchange surface in a limited area
- Delicate honey processing, without alteration or loss of healthy properties
- Easy maintenance
- Fast and easy scraper replacement
- Sanitary design – complete absence of hard-to-reach places which might harbor product accumulation
- Ability to use CIP cleaning
- Easy to inspect and maintain without plant dismantling
- Only high quality materials and components used